What we Provide
Before agreeing to take a pet in, we don’t use their age or health problems as a barrier.
Neither do we determine its stay in a set number of days. We will however, prioritise intakes if they are un-spayed bitches, or those especially vulnerable and assessed to be at risk.
Once registered with us, we are prepared, if necessary, to care for that animal for the rest of its life. In general, the following is provided as and where required:
- Shelter, warmth and food.
- Veterinary attention.
- Bathing and clipping of neglected coats.
- Parasite control.
- Dietary programmes for obesity and starvation cases.
- Temperament assessment.
- Fostering out for puppies and kittens in need of human contact.
- Fostering out for bottle feeding.
- Spaying and neutering.
- Assessment for adoption e.g “requires quiet home”
- Permanent residency for the elderly or infirm in sympathetic units.
- Supported adoption for the above, or where long term medication is required.
- Companionship and interaction through staff and volunteers.
- Forest walks for able dogs.
- Daily free-range for resident cats, goats and pigs.
- Adoption with a safety net of a no time limit return policy.
- Pre and post adoption checks.